These rules and regulations are intended for your safety and the safety of others.
All members MUST strictly adhere to the following rules or face expulsion from both CJSC and Lake Roto Kohatu.
A copy of these rules is posted on the side of the container at the lake. “I didn’t know” will not be accepted.
HOURS OF USE;
|Daylights Savings||Standard Time|
|Mon - Fri||9am - 9pm||9am - 6pm|
|Sat||9am - 8pm||9am - 8pm|
|Sun||10am - 6pm||10am - 6pm|
CJSC runs a Junior Development Program. A Lake Closure applies every Wednesday 4-5:30pm & Sunday 10am-12
Please respect this closure as it is for the safety of the kids involved with the program.
Hours are controlled and enforced by Christchurch City Council Parks Managers and must be strictly adhered to. Please note that a Parks Manager resides at a nearby address.
NB: Riding in the Dark or at Dusk is not permitted at any time even when it may fall within the above approved hours.
1. Only craft registered with the CJSC are to use the facility. The registered owner/s Must be present at all times when his/her craft is being used
2. Entrance to Lake Roto Kohatu is through the gate at the northern end of Sawyers
Arms Rd. You must not use the council gate which is sometimes open.
3. The gate must remain locked at all times. Lock it after you enter and when you leave. People found leaving the gate unlocked risk confiscation of their key.
4. Observe the 30km speed limit on the access road at all times.
5. Persons under the age of 15 are NOT allowed to be in control of a Personal Watercraft.
6. Absolutely no refueling in or near the waters edge. You must pull your trailer and craft out of the water and refuel well clear of the water. Refueling in the water will contaminate the CCC water supply.
7. An approved life vest MUST be worn at all times.
8. An approved Helmet MUST be worn at all times. Article on brain injury which also applies to Jetskiing, Is a Helmet Worth It?
9. You must use your PWC with due care and consideration for all other water users.
10. Only PWC’s to be used on Lake Roto Kohatu. Absolutely no boats or towing of any objects or water skiing etc allowed.
11. No animals allowed. This is a CCC bylaw.
12. All rubbish is to be placed in the rubbish bins provided or taken away.
13. No access is allowed to the small lagoon area at the North East end of the Lake.
14. Before turning always look around to ensure the way is clear. High speed collisions can be fatal.
15. All accidents/incidents must be reported in detail to the CJSC committee, this can be done by email through firstname.lastname@example.org
RACE COURSE RULES
1. An approved life vest & helmet must be worn at all times.
2. Craft must travel around the course in an anti clockwise direction unless the course is changed. This will be indicated on the notice board on the side of the container.
3. Ensure you are familiar with the course and these rules. If you are unsure, ask someone who is familiar with the rules.
4. The course must be followed at all times. Deviation from the course may result in an accident.
5. When entering or exiting the course, do so in a safe manner. When exciting the course indicate your intentions and ensure that other PWC users will not have to take evasive action as a result.
Any queries please contact CJSC
Or write to CJSC, PO Box 3294, Christchurch. E-mail; email@example.com